Saturday, January 29, 2011

Awesome Mashed Potatoes

Mashed potatoes with carrots and broccoli, yum yum!

One evening I got this fantastic idea to make mashed potatoes more colourful, healthy, and delicious. This is the result, and it's every bit as delicious as I hoped it would be.

After searching on the net, I did find that someone else independently created this recipe, but they were of course brilliant and added cheese. So I would definitely add cheese to this next time, because I think it would take these potatoes to the next level.

Mashed Cheesy Potatoes, Broccoli and Carrots

  • 4 potatoes (preferably red or yellow)
  • 1 broccoli head
  • 2 carrots
  • salted butter
  • 1 clove of garlic
  • cream or milk
  • salt, pepper, paprika, etc.
  • Cheddar cheese

1. Boil potatoes with or without skin (depending on your preference)
2. Steam broccoli and carrots seperately or if you're lazy like me add the carrots to the potatoes about 5 minutes after they started cooking and the broccoli about 20 minutes in.
3. Once everything is cooked, mash it all together, add butter, milk, and seasoning to taste and finish off with shredded cheese.

0 comments:

Post a Comment